Barracuda Lift-A-Ton For Charity

American football team lift over a dozen Boeing 747s in gruelling 10 hour session

Bristol Barracuda’s annual Charity ‘Liftathon’ was a resounding success on Friday, with the American Football team surpassing their target of lifting 2 million KGs in ten hours – the equivalent of 12 Boeing 747s.

Feel the burn…

Starting at 9am and going until 7pm, the Barracuda actually managed to lift over 3.5 million KGs – the biggest weight the team has ever lifted in the event.

Organised by James Gilchrist, the event has managed to raise over £950 for Right to Play UK, a charity which aims to educate children facing adversity through sport and games.

Sam Farley lifted the most weight, managing a remarkable total of 363 000 KGs, edging out Dave Smith, who achieved 300 000 KGs.

Unsurprisingly, the team were absolutely exhausted after their outstanding efforts. Farley ‘couldn’t feel his legs’ and Gilchrist commented ‘I feel like a corpse’.

Please follow the link below to donate and help the team meet their aim of raising £1500.

http://www.justgiving.com/BristolBarracudaLiftathon