Bristol Style: UOB Clothes Swap

You don’t have to be Macklemore to enjoy these Clothes Swap bargains!

With Comic Relief on its way we’re feeling pretty charitable. In a hope to continue the spirit of generosity we’ve collaborated with UOB’s clothes swap, to prove fashion does have a conscience.

Lina wears: Oversized silk shirt

Taking place tomorrow in the Geography Building, the UOB Clothes Swap is a chance for you to rejuvenate your wardrobe in time for spring and relieve it of any unnecessary clutter.

Natasha (L) wears: Pleated skirt, Panda jumper

The idea behind the event is simple, donate three or more items of clothing and walk away with three more items for free! (If you’re still insisting on clinging onto last season’s disco pants then you can pay for entry!)

Adam wears: Cotton shirt, Blue jeans

Men, take note: although the majority of clothes donated are womenswear they have had plenty of good quality designer menswear donations too. Remember, the more guys that go the more menswear there will be to swap so discard those ill-judged elasticated chinos and go!

Lina wears: Graphic print tee, skinny jeans

Any leftover clothes will be donated to local charities, including The Clothes Line and One 25 meaning your cherished cast-offs are never wasted. All proceeds from the event will go towards Labour Behind the Label who raise awareness about ethical issues in the fashion industry, such as unfair labour.

Natasha wears: One shoulder floral print dress

So get those bin liners at the ready and head down to the School of Geographical Sciences on University Road (between Woodland Road and Browns) at 1:30 tomorrow to get vintage chic without the price tag.

You’re sure to be left with a warm fuzzy feeling (either from your generosity or the new jumper you swagged!)

Lina wears: Grey marl tee, Graphic print skirt
Natasha wears: Oversized cotton top, Daisy print jeans

Happy Swapping!

Direction: Martha Cliff & Katie Deighton
Styling: Martha Cliff & Katie Deighton
Models: Natasha Kendall, Lina Phillipova, Adam Clenton
Photographer: Nadine Lababedi
Words: Martha Cliff
With thanks to all at UOB Clothes Swap and John at Reg the Veg
All clothing mentioned was donated to UOB Clothes Swap, all other clothing is stylists own.

Want to be involved in future Tab fashion shoots? Contact [email protected] for more details.