Tab 10: What’s On This Week

Aside from elections, there’s plenty going on this week, from talent shows to cabaret!

Monday

DJANGO’S: JAZZ, FUNK & SOUL JAM SESSION @ THE BIG CHILL BAR

The University of Bristol Jazz Funk Soul society presents: DJANGO’S: A NEW JAZZ, FUNK & SOUL JAM SESSION.

Each Tuesday will feature some of our very own and best players jamming live! £2 for society members and £3 for non-members after 9pm (before 9 it’s free). If you need more temptation… pints are only £2.50 and for all you ladies the cocktails are 2-4-1.

OPEN MIC NIGHT @ THE GOLDEN LION

Are you a talent waiting to be discovered? If so, why not build your CV by heading down to The Golden Lion this Monday. Entry is free, all genres welcome, and there’s even a free drink for every performer.

Tuesday

REFUGEE RHYMES @ ALTEREGO

Come along and watch students spit some rhymes in Alterego this Tuesday! In the name of a brill charity – Bristol Refugee Rights, this event is sure to be a great gig!

Take a break from essays and revision for a relaxed and thought provoking evening with wonderful poetry and music in an intimate venue. Tickets £2 or £3.

Wednesday

UBU VOLUNTEERING PRESENT ‘THE TALENT NIGHT’ @ BRUNEL SUITE, UBU

Move over Britain’s Got Talent…..UBU Volunteering Exec present ‘The Talent Night’, a chance to celebrate the talents of students here at the University of Bristol from 7:15pm – 10pm.

Watch your fellow students display their musical and comedic gifts. A guaranteed great evening with admission at £3. Proceeds go towards UBU Volunteering’s community projects.

LOOK BACK IN ANGER @ BRISTOL STUDENTS’ UNION

On a regular Sunday afternoon, amidst poverty, ironing and newspapers, Jimmy sits, fed up and angry, unable to remember why he would love someone he feels, is unmoved, restrained, incapable of showing how she loves him.

The drama erupts when posh Alison, alone with Cliff, their neighbour and close friend, confides in him that she is pregnant. She is faced with the pivotal choice of either telling Jimmy and facing the potentially drastic consequences, or leaving her disquieting life and returning to her father and the British Establishment. Tickets £4/£5/£6.

Friday

BIG LEBOWSKI PARTY @ THE LANES

A great night not to be missed if you fancy having some FUN whilst bowling until the early hours! With DJs all night long … plus a Hot Dog Eating Competition, Look-a-Like Competition, Popcorn Feast and Cheap White Russians (you decide which kind…) all for £6 (or £3 early bird), what’s not to love?!

ELECTIONS RESULTS NIGHT @UBU

From 7:30pm – 10:30pm, the 2013 Student Elections will take over the ground floor of the Richmond Building: Home of the Students’ Union on Queens Road to celebrate two weeks of campaigning and announce who will be your officers and representatives for the 2013-14 academic year.

Results will be announced from 7.30pm and entertainment and drinks deals will continue throughout the night.

Saturday

THE ARTS BALL PRESENTS THE ROARING TWENTIES @ BRISTOL MUSEUM & ART GALLERY

Not seen since 2010, the Arts Ball returns and this time it’s bigger than ever and at an amazing new location in Bristol Museum. Grab one of the few remaining tickets and enjoy a champagne reception, casino, buffet, and live jazz to transport you back to the decade of dancing and frolicking! Tickets from £27.50.

THE BLAST STB @ MOTION

For all you ‘Motion Til I Die’ folk……The Blast STB are playing this Friday with tickets from £16.50. Main Room features Redlight, Route 94, Apex Collective and many more.

The Tunnel brings us SPY, Calyx & Teebee and Lenzman amongst others, while the Cave is hosted by Hit & Run.

Sunday

HOOCHIE COOCHIE’S SUNDAY SOCIAL @ MAURITANIA LOUNGE, PARK STREET

Hoochie Coochie’s latest event combines the decadence of the Mauritania Members Rooms with kitsch entertainment and Sunday afternoon fun!

With entertainment from Rock N Roll Bingo, and Pole Dancing Unicorn, there’s also 80’s Karaoke, Connect Four, Twister, Jenga, card games, showboys and showgirls to help you pass the time.

Dress Code: OTT and dress to impress, Glamor, glitter, evening, flamboyant. We don’t really mind what you wear so long as you make an effort. It’s not compulsory to dress up, but if you didn’t you will probably wish you did! Tickets £9 or £7 early bird.