Rory McGrath Has #Willpower

They Think It’s All Over star to appear at Will Pope charity concert

Famous comedian Rory McGrath will be performing at next month’s charity concert to raise funds for organ donation charities supported by the #Willpower campaign.

The event, to be held at Clifton Hill House on the 15th March, has been organised by friends and family of Will Pope, the Bristol student whose wait for a heart inspired hundreds of students to sign the organ donor register.

McGrath, who rose to prominence on sports panel show They Think It’s All Over, is a close friend of Will’s father Phil, and the two used to perform together in the 70s.

Will’s cousin Meg Pope has played an instrumental role in organising the concert, and is thrilled at how everything has come together.

“The line-up is made up entirely of people who know Will, or are connected to him, and everyone from the musicians to the team at Clifton Hill House, who have so kindly let us use their event space, are really excited about being a part of it.”

As well as providing a night of comedy and music, the event will also have a sign-up station where attendees can add their names to the organ donor register.

Other performers on the night include Mary Spender, The Boy Royals and Bristol Revunions.

It remains to be seen whether Will is able to make the event, though Meg says he thinks the line-up looks “really great”.

“UBTV, the University’s television station, is also going to come and film the event so it’s really exciting that he’ll actually be able to watch it, even if he can’t be there in person.”

Tickets cost just £5 plus booking fee, and are available now. Money raised will go to Harefield Hospital, where Will received his successful New Year’s Eve transplant.

For more information follow @PopePower on Twitter or visit Will’s website.

Cover Photo by Mike Knapp