Coombe Dingle Coming To Xbox?

Vote for Bristol Uni Cricket Club to be immortalised in the official Ashes video game

University of Bristol Cricket Club are just days away from finding out if they’ll feature in the Ashes Cricket 2013 video game for PS3/Xbox 360.

The competition, run by 505Games, will pick one team from England and one team from Australia to be available as a playable team in the video game, due for release later this year.

Students have until the 19th Feb to vote

To support UBCC, all students need to do is like the Facebook page and cast their vote. Voting closes next Tuesday and with less than a week to go UBCC are in 1st place having recently overtaken Oxford Brookes University.

As well as being able to play as Bristol University, gamers will also be able to choose to play at Coombe Dingle, with the creators of the game profiling the student sports centre so it can be accurately replicated.

Will the Coombe Dingle pavilion be welcoming the Aussies?
Photo: Virginia Knight

Ross McAdam, the student behind the campaign, told The Tab “I think the whole of the (at least sporting) Bristol community would appreciate this if we managed to get Coombe Dingle in a game”.

UWE are also competing to win the competition. However, at the time of writing, they were languishing in 25th place, requiring a miracle to catch up with their local rivals.

To vote, click here. There is also a UBCC campaign group on Facebook which can be found here.