The Bristol Sound

All the sounds coming out of Bristol this week, as well as highlights of this week’s nightlife

The Bristol Sound is your best guide to what’s hot in the city’s music scene this week.

Hot Off The Press

Local lads Peverelist and Kowton are back with their hard hitting ‘Raw Code’ on revered label Hessel Audio. Go cop it over at Idle Hands, this is a track you’ll be hearing a fair bit ringing out in Bristol’s clubs.

Outboxx have another stonking track that’s got everyone’s hands in the air. This one went down a treat at the recent Housework night in the old Motorcycle showroom down in Stokes Croft.

More feel-good house from the local duo, and you can hear them talk about their forthcoming new album and their love for Destiny’s Child from when they recently spoke to Epigram.

15 Minutes with Outboxx by Burst Podcasts on Mixcloud

What’s On This Week

On Friday S-X comes to Bristol, the producer behind one of the most recognisable grime instrumentals ever which even got played by Julio Bashmore at last week’s homecoming gig.

S-X has gone on to big things in Grime and Hip Hop, producing hits for Wretch 32 and working with household names state-side.

On Saturday, Oneman comes back to Bristol, this time as part of a tour for his new mixtape ‘Solitaire Vol.1’. One of the most exciting and eclectic DJs right now, he’s not one to miss, and this week he’ll be shaking the dark room that is The Croft.

One To Watch

Four Tet is bringing a live show to the Exchange next week, which a lot of people are excited for. Not one to be pigeon-holed, he recently gave away an album of early work for free.

To help you expect the unexpected, here’s a video of him playing ‘weird cosmic records’ for 2 hours.

Brought to you by Burst Radio