Will You #DateArthur?

Help this unlucky-in-love Bristol student get a date this Valentine’s!

Ladies of Bristol, are you looking for a special man this Valentine’s? Luckily, Burst Radio may have found your Mr Right.

Monday afternoon show Bristol Meth is giving one lucky lady the opportunity to go on a Valentine’s date with presenter, and Biochem student, Arthur Gymer.

A casual off-air chat about getting Arthur a date has quickly escalated into the ‘#DateArthur’ campaign going viral around the Uni, much to the surprise of the man himself.

“I can’t believe this has happened, it started as joking around in the studio and now this, but hey, I’m game for giving it a go. What’s the worst that can happen?”

Not only can Arthur cook, he cooks wearing an apron

Co-presenter Max Meuth said “Our boy is always so unlucky in love, especially for someone who is a BUCS superstar that we decided this Valentine’s day we would do our best to help find him his dream girl.”

“After all, who doesn’t love tweed and elbow patches?”

At this, fellow Meth presenter Sam Farley chipped in “No more looking dapper whilst lurking in Lizard Lounge until kicking out time, Arthur needs to find somebody.”

If you’d like to be in with a chance of going on a date with Arthur, all you need to do is ‘like’ the Bristol Meth page on Facebook and send a private message to the show telling them a little about yourself.

Arthur’s co-presenters, Sam and Max, will then pick a girl each, as well as a ‘wildcard’, with the final decision to be made by Arthur himself.

If you’re single and still not totally convinced you should enter then perhaps this little chat with the man himself will help.

Arthur, modern literature tells us women like tall, dark and handsome men. How tall are you?

I’m a generous 5’8”.

Moving swiftly on, what are your interests?

Sports… All the sports. Music, but I’m always a good six months behind the times. Food and drink.

What’s the most surprising, little known thing about yourself, that not even your friends know?

I can sing, in the loosest possible sense of the word, and only ever at rugby matches when it’s the Welsh national anthem.

What do you look for in the opposite sex?

Nothing specific, I don’t have a type. If conversation is easy then that’s a good start.

And what do you really not like?

Bad grammar. Drunk people.

You wouldn’t want to date a Medical student then. Any guilty pleasures a possible partner should know about?

Grey’s Anatomy, but it’s not that guilty. Taylor Swift?

Just say yes…One Of Arthur’s faves
Photo: Eva Rinaldi

What would you say is your best feature is?

I like to think I’m a good listener.

Sorry what was that?

Very funny.

Who would be your ideal celebrity Valentine’s date?

Rachel Riley.

You need to set the mood for the winner of #DateArthur. What Valentine’s song would you choose to play?

I don’t really know, does Love Story by Taylor Swift count?

Sadly it does. Finally what’s the worst chat up line you’ve ever used?

I’ve never used one.

Somehow that’s hard to believe!

The winner will be announced live, in the radio event of the year so far, on Bristol Meth this coming Monday between 1 and 2pm alongside all the usual great features and tunes. So get those entries in, because, as Arthur himself says: “what’s the worst that can happen?”

Give a penguin a bed this Valentine’s…