The Bristol Sound

Courtesy of Burst Radio, here’s a new weekly column dedicated to the local music scene.

The Bristol Sound: Bringing you new releases from our local Bristolians, as well as highlights of Bristol’s nightlife each week.

New Album From Outboxx

The House duo, renowned for their uplifting Piano-fuelled productions, have readied their debut album for release on the local Idle Hands imprint.

Ahead of the release comes a 2-track sampler featuring the eponymous ‘Sunshine Mills’, sure to be heard from here to Timbuk2. Stream a clip below, and look out for their self-titled LP coming out on January 28th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dytEzCgHrnc

Pev & Kowton Release On Hessle Audio

Peverelist, the local dubstep hero, and Kowton, the fast rising new star often found behind the till in Idle Hands, have come together on revered label Hessle Audio’s first release of 2013.

Listening to ‘Raw Code’, with its harsh rolling subs and industrial percussion, shows this one isn’t for the faint-hearted, and like all Hessle Audio releases it does not sit comfortably in any genre, but straddles the lines of dubstep and techno whilst sounding like nothing else.

Previews of Raw Code have surfaced online, and the full release with ‘Junked’ on the b-side hits shelves on February 11th.

Bok Bok Returns To Bristol

Night Slugs head honcho and all-round all-star Bok Bok is coming down to Thekla this Friday, the man who gave us ‘Silo Pass’ and last year’s smash re-release of KW Griff’s ‘Bring in the Katz’ on his ‘Slugs imprint.

Expect this one to be a rowdy journey through Dubstep, Grime, House and more.

Crazylegs Do It Again

Renowned party-starters Crazylegs once again bring an eclectic line up to the Exchange this Saturday with headliners Mosca and Pangaea, as well as support from the fast-rising Piff collective.

With Mosca’s inimitable style bringing everything from Dancehall to Techno together, and Pangaea fresh from putting out his intoxicating ‘Release’ EP on his Hessle Audio label, this should be another excellent night from one of the most consistent promoters in the West.

Kendrick Lamar Comes To The O2 Academy

Fresh off the release of his critically-acclaimed album ‘Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City’, Lamar is rolling through Bristol this Saturday, taking to the stage once the dust settles after Friday’s Ramshackle.

Tickets are sold out on this one, so if you were unlucky enough to miss out then keeps your eyes peeled on Gumtree, as this is not one to miss. Listen below to see why.

Just Jack Turn 7

Fresh off being named the UK’s Best Club Night at the DJ Mag awards a few weeks ago, next Saturday the 25th of January sees the legendary local promoters once again transform Motion into their temple of debauchery.

DJs soundtracking proceedings include Dixon, Bowski and NY Stomp, while in the Tunnel the all-round hero Theo Parrish and Marcellus Pittman are set to play all night long.

Oh and did we mention that there is also set to be a “Yacht Rock indoor boat”!

As well as their birthday celebrations, in March they are also taking over the Old Coroner’s Court for a stripped down ‘Back to Jack’ special, featuring Detroit legend Omar-S.

Once again, not one to miss, tickets won’t last too long!

The Bristol Sound: Courtesy of Burst Radio – Bristol University’s Student Radio Station.