Clothes Show Live- Suzuki Fashion Theatre

In the first part of our Clothes Show coverage, Martha and the models go Gangnam style in the Suzuki Fashion Theatre.

I’ve never had the privilege (or the money) to go to the Clothes Show before, but I always thought it would involve a little more clothes and a little less show.

Oh no my friends, the Suzuki Fashion Theatre gave you enough show to give Christopher Biggins a run for his money.

Presented by stylist to the stars Grace Woodward, and fashion designer Henry Holland, the audience were promised a ridiculous amount of gorgeous clothes and 42 pairs of male nipples.

This show was definitely one for the girls, a fact confirmed by the anxious looking partners and fathers in the audience.

The show itself took the form of a day in the life of a fashion magazine with Vogue’s Anna Wintour making an appearance. Even from a distance her bangs and indoor sunglasses are unmistakable.

The show consisted of visiting designer studios, photo shoots in Rio, fashion awards and fashion week. Throughout models performed dance routines and riled up the crowd as if even they realised it was panto season.

It was nice that everyone didn’t have the same pretence as Fashion Week and was actually allowed to smile.

The clothes themselves were very wearable, and you’ll be pleased to know that there were some recycled trends. Maxi skirts and t-shirts, Jil Sander style, are back and you can hang on to your sequined denim shorts for another season, saving your bank balance some strain.

The show came to an elegant end with a mix of trends sauntering down the catwalk, though it was hard to concentrate on the clothes with Dirty Sexy Things’ BB modeling them.

Trends ranged from Hawaiian to Glitterati, providing a style for everyone, but this wasn’t a big enough ending. Instead, in a touch of class, the runway finished with a delightfully exuberant Gangnam Style

The models deserve credit as they had the moves down to a T. If anything it was better than Psy’s original, though probably because these men were a lot easier on the eye.

Everyone left with a massive grin on their face, which makes a delightful change to the usual trout pout followed by most fashion shows.