Preview: UoB Clothes Swap

Out with the old and in with the new this weekend!

Too poor to buy a loaf of bread, let alone some new clothes for the party season?

As the end of term nears and the last few pounds of the student loan are spent on Sainsbury’s Basics vodka, Bristol students will be glad to hear they have the chance to grab themselves some new clothes… for free!

This weekend Hiatt Baker Hall in Stoke Bishop are hosting a small clothes swap in aid of the charity ‘Labor behind the Label’, as a preceding event to the main Clothes Swap that will be held next term in the University Precinct.

How does it work?

Everyone brings 3 items or more of unwanted clothing, and in return they can choose 3 new items to take away with them.

Alternatively, they can just pay £3 to participate. Any items over the allocated 3 can be purchased at a small price, and all of the proceeds go to charity.

Some of the clothes you could be going home with!

The Clothes Swap team have been promoting the event all week, collecting clothes from all halls of residence. Past events have been hugely successful, with over £300 being raised for the charity last year.

Clothes swaps have become more and more popular over the last couple of years, popping up all over the country.

It’s a great way to keep your bank balance up and help the environment at the same time; instead of clogging up landfills with unwanted clothes, you can get rid of all of those dodgy things lurking in your wardrobe and exchange them for some shiny new ones.

No money or receipts involved – what more could you want!

The Clothes Swap is happening at Hiatt Baker Hall between 5 and 6pm on Sunday, so get down there and grab yourselves some bargains!