TAB 10: WHAT’S ON IN BRISTOL

Check out The Tab’s Top 10 things to see and do in Bristol over the next seven days.

Stuck on what to do this week? Luckily for you, The Tab has put together their Top Ten of what’s happening in Bristol over the next seven days. 

Gentleman’s Dub Club @ The Fleece – Monday

Monday sees Gentleman’s Dub Club back in Bristol at the Fleece. For those not yet familiar with them, they’re a lively ‘dub’ band, drawing on Reggae and Ska influences. A good night of skanking guaranteed.

Also on Monday: Bristol Improv Presents: A Night of Noir @ Bierkeller

A one off night that promises to be full of laughs, Bristol Improv will be creating a fully improvised ‘Film Noir’ right before your eyes!

Rodrigo y Gabriela @ Colston Hall – Tuesday

You know that mad Hispanic acoustic song you’ve heard? It’s probably them. The famous guitar duo from Mexico return with their brand of exciting Latin music. Unexpected feelings of joy and elation await you.

National Union of Journalists lecture @ Watershed – Tuesday

For anyone interested in something a little more intellectual (we are at university after all) Michelle Stanistreet, The General Secretary of the Nation Union of Journalists,  is debating what’s next for the press following the Leveson inquiry.

AKALA @ Thekla – Wednesday

Fancy some serious rap? Akala, voted the Best Hip Hop Act in 2006 at the MOBOs (tenuous I know, but trust me he’s good) is playing one night only on the boat.

Crisis of Conscience @ Attic Bar – Thursday

Do something generous this week. The ‘crisis of conscience’  night at Attic Bar has some great acts on and it’s all in the name of charity.

The Rifles @ Thekla – Friday

Bring back memories of being an indie kid with the Rifles, who are doing an acoustic gig at Thekla on Friday. If for no other reason, go simply to see the look of confusion on the faces of everyone expecting house music.

Promoter’s Battle @ Lakota – Friday

For something a bit more edgy, Lakota has several different rooms bringing the best ‘undergound’ music to bristol. Expect Frenchcore, Raggatek, drumstep and various other types of music you never knew existed!

Vintage Market @ Spiegeltent, Bristol’s Waterfront Square – Saturday

If you haven’t started your Christmas shopping, here’s the perfect place to get something for the fam. There are 50 stalls selling a wide variety of things, ranging from hand-carved furniture to knitwear. There’s even a Christmas grotto if you fancy sitting on the bearded fella’s lap. 

Fromage en Feu ‘Eat the Moon’ @ The Polish Club – Saturday

Something slightly different; a  full, 6 piece Faux-French, Balkan-Gypsy band! Fromage En Feu are launching their second album here in Briz on Saturday. Expect plenty of knees-up music a la Gogol Bordello. There are even prizes for the ‘best dressed Moon dweller’, most sophisticated facial hair and wildest dancer.

Wildlife Photographer of the Year @ Bristol Museum and Art Gallery – All Week

A bonus 11th thing to do! I know Jake mentioned it last week, but seriously go to this. It’s great and is definitely worth a visit, even if it’s only between lectures.