Tab Sportsweek

Our sports live blog returns as we recap the best sports stories from the last seven days.

Ultimate Frisbee: An all-weather sport
Photo: Mythago Ultimate

Time for another week’s round-up of all the sports scores and news from the last seven days.

This page will update as and when news reaches us. To make sure your team doesn’t get missed out contact us via email ([email protected]) or Twitter (@TheTabBristol).

PAGE MUST BE MANUALLY REFRESHED

15:07 That’s it from us then on an unusually quiet week for university sport. Obviously the big news from yesterday wasn’t being made on a sports pitch but on the streets of London by the NUS demonstrators. Given that, we think it’s only fitting to bow out this week with a pic from the Women’s Basketball team showing their support for the protest. Until next week folks.

15:02 Our final results come from the Hockey teams again. The Men’s 3s lost 3-2 to Cardiff 3s but the Women’s 4s ensured the journey back from Wales wasn’t a completely miserable one, beating their Welsh counterparts 4-1.

15:00 One more Squash result for you now (no, we didn’t realise it was such a popular sport either!) The Women’s 2s won a close game against Cardiff 1s 7-6.

14:58 We’re quickly reaching the end of our results list. Postponements hit some of the Rugby and Football games this week though the Football Women’s 1s were still in action, though after losing 7-2 to Hertfordshire 1s, they might wish they hadn’t been!

14:53 It was another Bristol UWE showdown in the Fencing this week, with Bristol’s Women 1s coming out on top. The score: 135-83.

14:51 UBCC have been in touch via Twitter to give us the latest Cricket news. Can their impressive run of form last?

14:46 From shuttlecocks to tennis balls now as we shift our focus to the Tennis courts. The Women’s 1s were awarded a walkover when their opponents, Cambridge 1s, didn’t turn up. The Women’s 2s made it technically two wins from two with a thumping 12-0 victory over Plymouth 1s.

14:42 A trio of Badminton results next. The Women’s 1s got a thumping 8-0 win over Swansea 1s, and the Men’s 1s comfortably saw off Southampton 1s 6-2. The Men’s 2s however let the side down, losing 8-0 to Bournemouth 1s.

14:38 Our friends at UBTV Sport have been in touch with their result of the week. If you haven’t already seen their latest Tab column or our recent interview with the channel’s co-founders they are well worth a look.

14:36 Another couple of Hockey results now and these ones aren’t quite as good as the earlier ones (see 14:16). The Men’s 5s were humiliated 0-7 at home by Bath 5s, whilst the Men’s 1s lost to the Cardiff Met 1s 1-4.

14:35 Back to Squash. The Bristol Men’s 2s won on the road 1-4 against Plymouth 2s.

14:29 Of course, The Tab‘s favourite intra-mural team Brystal Palace were also in action yesterday. You can find out how they got on in their regular blog every Monday. In case you missed it, here’s the recap of last week’s high-scoring encounter with Goldney United.

14:27 Last week’s Lacrosse game for the Men’s 1s was an absolute nail-biter so we imagine the team were grateful for a slightly easier game this week. Plymouth 1s were comfortably beaten 16-8.

14:26 In Squash, Bristol Men’s 3s won a hard-fought encounter with Glamorgan 1s 3-2.

14:24 Basketball result for you next, and a strong performance from the Women’s 1s, beating Swansea 1s 55-45. We mentioned last week that so far Bristol’s women are out-performing the men and that trend doesn’t look like changing any time soon!

14:16 A couple of good results in the Hockey yesterday. The Men’s 4s thrashed local rivals UWE 4s 12-0 ensuring bragging rights remain with Bristol for now. The Women’s 1s managed an arguably even more sensational score though, beating the toffs from Cambridge 1s 3-2.

14:12 We asked for your tweets and the Ultimate Frisbee guys and girls have come roaring out of the blocks with an update on their progress at Regionals on Sunday.

14:09 There’s been plenty of praise for our Netball ladies over the last few weeks as they’ve put in some fantastic performances. Yesterday though was a mixed bag. The 2s travelled to play Cardiff 2s, only to lose 35-29. The 4s had better luck however, winning 41-29 against the Cardiff 5s.

14:05 Bad weather, an NUS demo and Benitez going to Chelsea. It’s fair to say yesterday had more than its fair share of distractions. Several games ended up being postponed (we think due to the weather rather than the return of Rafa) so expect an abbreviated Sportsweek. Get involved via email or Twitter to let us know how your game went this week.