Tab 10: What’s On In Bristol

Check out The Tab’s Top 10 things to see and do in Bristol over the next seven days.

Stuck on what to do this week? Luckily for you, The Tab has put together their Top Ten of what’s happening in Bristol this week.

Bed @ Bunker – Monday

If you hate Bunker then WAIT, don’t skip this just yet. This week’s Bed is Reggae themed with the legendary DJ Derek playing. 70 years old this year and mates with Massive Attack, his blend of rocksteady, ska and reggae will be sure to get you moving.

The Mysterious Vanishment Of Pobby And Dingan @ Tobacco Factory – Monday & Tuesday

A charming adaptation of the novel by Ben Rice in the Tobacco Factory. It’s also a great opportunity to visit the project of Bristol’s new mayor, George Ferguson.

DJ Fresh @ O2 Academy – Tuesday

With his last two tours sold out, you’d be a fool to miss this. Head on down to the O2 Academy for a night of Drum & Bass and Dubstep.

Rhod Gilbert @ Colston Hall – Tuesday

If you prefer a laugh rather than a dance then check out the funniest Welshman around. He’s in town for one night only so go and see his flaming Battenberg tattoo and watch him tell some jokes at Colston Hall.

Peter André @ Colston Hall – Wednesday

For those who yearn for men under a waterfall who think they’re mysterious, Jordan’s ex is in town getting ‘Up Close and Personal’ with the people of Bristol! Tickets are sold out but that shouldn’t stop you from waiting outside by the stage doors.

From Bristol To Broadway @ Colston Hall – Friday

If you like to dance but end up making yourself look like an idiot when out (let’s face it, we all do), then go and watch some professionals do it. South West Dance Theatre will be filling Colston Hall with avant-garde dance.

Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition @ Bristol Museum & Art Gallery – From Saturday

The winners and runners up of the 2012 competition will be on show at Bristol Museum and Art Gallery. The perfect way to spend a chilled afternoon; it’s free and will make you feel a bit smarter because it’s in a museum.

Tribe of Frog @ Black Swan – Saturday

Tribe of Frog returns in The Black Swan following its highly successful birthday celebration at the start of term. If you haven’t been then go. If you have been then go. It’s a simple choice.

Christmas Market @ Broadmead – All Week

Bratwurst, mulled wine, beer and ice skating all in one place – what’s not to love? Get into the Christmas spirit and then afterwards indulge in some festive themed retail therapy in adjacent Cabot Circus.

Breaking Dawn @ All Bristol Cinemas – All Week

The end is finally here. If you’re a self-proclaimed Twi-hard you’ve probably already seen the film by now but why not go see it again? Meanwhile the rest of the world can be grateful. This might be the last we ever hear of Twilight until the inevitable reboot in a few years!