Operations

The operations team ensure the business itself runs smoothly

read more
Technology

From software engineers to cybersecurity specialists, there are a wealth of innovative tech roles in the betting and gaming industry

read more
Trading

The trading function is responsible for all aspects of pricing and management of the sportsbook

read more
Brand & Marketing

Marketing managers get to create exciting campaigns and activities that will operate across all platforms, such as online, print, outdoor, TV or sponsorship

read more
Product

Product managers are responsible for the life cycle of a product, whether it’s a game, app or website

read more

Operations

The operations team ensure the business itself runs smoothly. They implement processes and procedures which are innovative, efficient and sustainable, in order to maintain and increase company profitability. If you are a highly organised person with a knack for problem-solving, this could be the job for you.

As a grad

For most employers, you will enter the company on a graduate scheme, where you’ll rotate across different teams. You could be conducting a review on what channels competitors use to engage new potential customers, looking at how to improve internal communications, or assisting in rolling out new processes and tools to keep colleagues and customers safe and happy.

salary bands and hours

• £28k – £32k
  • 40 hours a week on average

training

Over the course of your programme, you’ll rotate through the department, learning as much as you can about all the different functions. These could be in areas like Regulatory Compliance, Central Operations & Retail Support, Commercial Retail or Productivity. Some of these rotations will be compulsory, to give you the foundations you need, whereas other rotations will be based on your interests or where the business requires resource. Throughout the programme, you will be constantly supported by your line manager, a mentor and your team. There is also the opportunity to receive professional qualifications, fully-funded by your employer.

progression

After your programme, you will specialise in a particular area of Operations, starting off as a junior level project manager, progressing to a senior position after around three years. As a senior PM, you would be in charge of leading and developing a team, taking on a role that requires excellent leadership and managerial skills.

necessary skills and requirements

Skills:
  • Be a good multitasker
  • Possess a willingness to take on lots of responsibility
  • Confident interpersonal and presenting skills
  • Have the ability to adapt to different teams and situations
  • Excellent communications skills are a must
Requirements:
  • Most entry-level roles require a 2:1, with great verbal and written communication skills.

top tips

Having experience in a sales or people-orientated role will be extremely beneficial.

testimonials

GVC Holdings are looking for sharp innovative individuals to join their graduate scheme and internship oppotunities
Find out more

GVC Holdings are looking for talented, innovative grads to join their graduate programmes