We’re hiring for a Brand Partnerships Manager to join the #1 student marketing team in the country

Get yourself an exciting career opportunity in a “leap-frog” sales role at one of the UK’s most successful digital media startups

General information

• Location: Shoreditch, London
  • Package: Competitive
  • Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
  • Working with: creative, acct management and finance

The Tab is hiring for a Brand Partnerships Manager to join our London-based commercial team. We’re looking for a naturally intelligent, empathetic and hard-working salesperson, with a proven ability to build trusted relationships with clients.

The Tab is the voice of students and the UK’s largest and most powerful student media brand. Our network of more than 2,000 student journalists is managed by full-time editors in our London HQ, and publishes stories and videos which reach and influence more than 3m UK students every month.

Since 2014, we have been one of the leading branded content partners in the UK. To date, we have worked on creative student marketing campaigns with brands such as Natwest, ASOS, Apple Music, Spotify, Lidl, H&M, Amazon and Accessorize.

As Brand Partnerships Manager, you will lead the sales effort in the area of our business which has the highest revenue potential. Focussing on the highest-spending UK student marketers, including both new and existing clients, you will be responsible for; building trusted relationships with senior marketing executives, pitching creative branded content-led marketing solutions, and negotiating to close six-figure deals.

We will only consider candidates with an exceptional attitude, we’re talking about someone who is open-minded, positive, adaptable and hard-working. Our culture is built on valuing people who consistently get results, are original, leave their ego at the door, show courage, are honest, communicate clearly and have fun.

Discussions happen openly over the desk and in Slack channels, instead of in closed meeting rooms or DMs. Decisions are made quickly and transparently, once everyone’s input has been considered. And everyone is expected to quickly admit and take responsibility for their mistakes, as well as celebrating their successes.

Working in the fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment at our HQ will give you the opportunity to outgrow your peers personally and professionally. Developing your sales skills, learning a new way of working and gaining a breadth of valuable experience.

Responsibilities

• – Drive awareness and consideration of The Tab as a student marketing partner among target clients
  • – Use expert knowledge of The Tab’s branded content-led student marketing solutions to successfully consult clients based on their individual objectives
  • – Lead UK Brand sales: identifying target clients, prospecting, understanding client needs, pitching clients face-to-face, building relationships, negotiation and closing
  • – Increase year-on-year spend from existing clients, win and develop spend from new clients

What you will be judged on

• – Strength of relationships with a variety of stakeholders at existing and potential clients
  • – Ability to identify where and how we can work with clients to drive exciting ROI and brand lift
  • – Sales performance

Requirements

• – BA or BSC 2:1 or higher
  • – 5+ years sales experience
  • – A demonstrated passion for and understanding of digital media, marketing and advertising
  • – The attitude, drive and flexibility to work in a challenging role in a fast-changing start-up environment

Strengths

• – Your mentality is positive, resilient and ambitious
  • – You are an excellent relationship-builder
  • – You are a clear and candid communicator, and you work well as part of a team
  • – You take feedback well and you are always eager to learn
  • – You are naturally intelligent and intellectually curious

If you are interested in this role, contact Luke Nemorin ([email protected] or ‭07969 697 914‬).

About Tab Media

Tab Media is the publisher of The Tab and babe, and is backed by investors such as Rupert Murdoch’s News UK and Balderton Capital (Europe’s largest VC firm). We’re building a big media company which is loved, feared and imitated by launching some of the most influential editorial brands on the internet.