Fight Freshers’ Flu: Here’s how you can see a doctor from the comfort of your sofa

Another reason for you to never leave the house

By the time October creeps around, it’s inevitable you’re going to spend at least a few days feeling wretched, contemplating why you thought those extra weekday nights out were worth it. Accept your fate that you’re going to feel quite fragile by reading week. To top it off, signing up for your new GP is a lengthy process. Waiting lists are endless and finding the time to go at the start of term is a myth. The good news is you can now speak to a certified UK doctor without leaving your bed by using Ask an Expert powered by Babylon, available through the Samsung Health app on your Samsung smartphone. You can use the app 24/7 to get health information on your symptoms, from the common cold to a potential infection. Calls to doctors can be made through video appointments, and after diagnosis, you can have your prescription sent to your nearest pharmacy straight away.

Ask an Expert powered by Babylon allows you to see a GP on the phone, 24 hours a day, from the comfort of your own home

Ask an Expert powered by Babylon is only available on Samsung – get your first two months free with code THETABDOC

Jess from Swansea told us: “I usually use the app for anything minor. I literally have no spare time, so it’s perfect for me not having to take a few hours out to go to see a doctor. It’s also really reliable – you’re never waiting around for the call. They’ll send your prescription straight to your closest pharmacy which removes all the stress.”

Charlie from Durham told us: “My girlfriend uses the app to get pill prescriptions when she runs out so I thought I’d try it. I had a video call with the doctor and she told me straight away I had shingles. The GP actually had way more time to speak to me as she wasn’t trying to get through loads of sick people waiting outside. I picked up my prescription later in the day – the app is genius.” Here’s how you can get 24-hour access to a doctor from your phone: Step 1: Go to the Samsung Health app on your phone. Step 2: Register for Samsung Health, then click on the Experts tab. Step 3: Enter your information and book an appointment with certified doctors who can give you a full diagnosis. It’s that simple – get that much needed medical advice, without having to wait around at your local GP. You can make it to reading week, we believe in you.

The Samsung Health app tracks your activity, nutrition and sleep, and delivers insights based on your progress

You can also book live video doctor appointments or get information, fast, with the symptom checker

Download the Samsung Health Ask An Expert powered by Babylon here and use code THETABDOC to get your first two months free