These are the six types of people you’ll definitely meet at the uni gym

‘You finished with that mate?’

The uni gym is a strange place – not dissimilar to a watering hole nestled in the heart of the savannah.

Aside from the flock of first years swooping in like a plague – hogging the machines and booking every spot in the class, yet ultimately disappearing once the novelty has worn off – there are characters who have long had their territory marked out.

These are the six people you are guaranteed to see at the uni gym, any time of the year. You’ll either copy them, steer clear of them or just enjoy watching them use the machines in strange but unique ways.

Skip forking out on an expensive gym membership – get fit and paid to ride for Deliveroo instead – become a rider here

Get paid up to £12 an hour to get fit, so no need to wait for the Woo Girl to get off the bike – become a Deliveroo Rider here

Cycling is one of the best ways to get fit, and with Deliveroo, you can get paid to do it – become a rider here

Want to get paid to exercise? Deliveroo offers up to £12 an hour for their riders – become one here

Illustrations by Bobby Palmer