Meet the Honeys getting paid to throw big parties for Bumble

It’s all about that sweet life

Bumble is an app that puts women in the driving seat. Whether you’re using it to date, make friends or as a tool for networking, Bumble is all about female empowerment.

So, to spread the equality message across campus, Bumble are searching for Honeys to be their brand ambassadors. The Honeys host big parties and club nights, do lots of on-campus promotions and are big on social media.

We spoke to the Honeys about the parties, the fun and why they absolutely love their job.

Want to earn up to £400 a month being a Bumble Honey? Apply here

Lauren, Bristol, Management third year

Lauren on the right

I know it sounds quite lame, but I think I got a lot better at engaging with random people. When you’re thrown into a stunt like getting strangers to download the app, it’s not easy! You don’t realise it, but you definitely become more confident as you go.

The challenges are just so fun, it hardly seems like a job. We threw a huge sponsored event at one of Bristol’s most popular club, Bunker. We handed out drinks tokens and merchandise in exchange for downloads, whilst socialising with people the whole time – it was a really fun night.

The pay is definitely a perk – Bumble pays you well if you put in the effort. It’s a fantastic motivation to do the tasks, but they’re so fun anyway that you’ll want to do them regardless.

Bumble is much more than just a dating app – download the app and meet friends or network now 

Lucy, Leeds, Politics third year

I’m one of those people who had no idea what I wanted to do after uni. I then got the Honey role and absolutely loved it – as a result, I was lucky enough to get onto Bumble’s 6-week marketing internship and I now want to pursue this as a career.

They give you the opportunity to be part of huge marketing campaigns – I worked on an activation in Leeds to take a yellow Bumble VW around the city. We threw predrinks and went to bars and clubs to hand out merchandise – it was probably the most fun I’ve had on a job.

If you’re going to apply, I think the important thing is to show your creative side – it’s quite easy to say that you’ll promote the app on campus and run events. However, I think the applications that stand out the most are the ones where you give specific examples of your ideas and creativity.

Think you have what it takes to be a Honey? Apply here now

Sophie, Leeds, Business and Spanish grad

The beauty of being a Honey is the flexibility – I could either go to town on a challenge, or take a step back if I had a big deadline coming up. They also give you a lot of creative freedom with ideas for the challenges, so you feel really instrumental in the success of the tasks. 

Last year we drove a VW Campervan into Warehouse (a Leeds institution), set up a photobooth and handed out loads of free stash. The night was completely sold out, and by the end everyone was wearing some form of Bumble merch, it was excellent.

Another stand out moment was throwing a Take Me Out Leeds in partnerships with Leeds RAG. It was a huge success – one of the couples that we hooked up is still going strong!

Bumble is just a really cool company to work for, especially with their upcoming launch of Biz and BFFs, taking the app from being solely about dating to more of a social and professional network. This is the kind of cool, techy company you want to have on your CV.

Want to work for one for a fun, innovative tech company? Then apply to be a Bumble Honey here

Jess, Leeds, Management and Marketing third year 

Jess (left)

Every couple of weeks you’ll get a set number of tasks, which can vary from things like posting an Instagram to throwing an event at your campus to get as many downloads as you can.

We have a lot of responsibility as they trust us to know which nights are the best ones to go to. We also deal with budgets and contacting nights – once we get approval from Bumble we go ahead and make it happen.

Even though everyone at Bumble is quite young, they really trust the fact that you know what’s going on at your uni, who to contact and what will work.

I’m really excited for next term, because we’re throwing a big competition for students to win a house party completely paid for by Bumble. We’re talking DJs, decoration, everything – it’s going to be huge.

Bumble are set to offer 4 lucky student houses in Manchester, Leeds, Bristol and Newcastle the chance to win a fully produced house party – interested?

Email [email protected] your name, university, year at uni, address & photos of potential party areas 

Like Bumble’s Facebook and follow their Instagram