Every reason studying in Templeman is astronomically better than working at home

Your house is meant for sleeping and predrinking only

The Bermuda Triangle, UFOs and Stonehenge – these are among the world’s greatest mysteries. But perhaps the biggest question mark hanging over the human race is why anyone would ever choose to study at home as opposed to at the new, improved and very much sexier Templeman.

It’s common knowledge that working at home alone is a sad, sad state of affairs. Only strange folk choose this method over going to the library with mates, munching on illicit Doritos and planning how hard they’re going to go at Venue once exams are over. If you’re still unconvinced, here’s a bunch of other reasons that ultimately prove Templeman rules and home drools.

Order Burger Bros to your desk

Download Deliveroo now

Templeman has had a snazzy facelift

Look around – everyone is reasonably happy to be there. Templeman’s new booths are a VIP experience even top clubs can’t match. All that’s needed is a bottle of Moët or an ice luge to be set for a revision sesh like no other.

If your bedroom was a club, it would have sticky carpets and play Barbie Girl on repeat.

The library has made having a snooze so much easier

The Chill Out Zone’s huge lazy boy bean-bags will cushion your fall into a vortex of revision panic and everything will seem 4-6 percent more manageable after a quick snooze. Hello, it’s called a power nap for a reason.

Cut to the same breakdown at home, where the temptation to throw in the towel is magnified by the looming spectre of your bed hovering tantalisingly in your peripherals. Let’s face it – there is absolutely no way anyone would be able to leap up again after 20 minutes, recharged and ready for a night of learning. 

Fuel those midnight study sessions and order Happy Samurai

Download Deliveroo now

The only sensible study areas at home are grim

The kitchen is revolting, littered with crumbs and mouldy pots and pans, all set around a picturesque yet teetering pile of washing up and Ocakbasi boxes. 

That or the bedroom, which is obviously a bad idea for revision because it’s a room specifically designed for sleeping in. Neither of these are conducive to effective study *pushes glasses up nose*.

Templeman is a great place to check out the spices

It’s full to the brim with fitties, which is just the remedy you need for your sore eyes, tired from staring at laptop screens and lecture notes for the past eight hours. 

Imagine how much worse this would be back at home, cooped up within the same four walls, surrounded by guilt and the empty bottles from last night’s pres.

The Library Cafe is legit lifesaving

They serve the cheapest flat white on campus, which is reason enough to ditch the grainy instant coffee at home.

The smoothies are also worth scraping together the pennies for. One of these £3 elixirs will beat any home-made monstrosity, created from sloshing together a rubbery old kiwi and some sad, limp kale. You won’t even have to clean your housemate’s NutriBullet after.

You’ve been working really hard, so treat yourself with Wagamama

Download Deliveroo now

Templeman is a sanctuary of safe, sweet silence

At Templeman, as much as we despise them, the new library security are pretty good for getting the gobby freshers on Level 2 to be quiet, which is the only blessing we need at this crucial time.

At home, your idiot housemates who have already finished exams will come back smashed, ruining any zen you had left. That just ain’t the one when there’s a whole syllabus to learn in under 6 hours.

Going to the library means you’ll get necessary fresh air

Working in the library actually requires a journey from home. Chances are that going outside and seeing the sky will reduce the risk of a nervous breakdown, something that’s far more likely when restricted to your gloomy house.

Granted, you have to make the effort to actually get there, but think of those summer bod gainz that just wouldn’t be happening if you were lying on your bedroom floor, crying.

At home there is no one to shame you for your hours of procrastination

At Templeman the judgmental eyes of fellow students will guilt you into getting off Facebook and trying to study.

But at home, it’s all too easy for a quick five minute clip on YouTube to turn into a five hour Kardashians binge. Before you know it, the whole day is wasted and you’re still none the wiser about contemporary literature and postmodern theory.

Order in a Pizza Express to fuel the rest of your sesh

Download Deliveroo now