You could fly a drone around campus this Friday

Yes, they’re trusting you with a flying object

On Friday you can fly mini drones around a course set up outside the Students’ Union.

The drone race is being organised by Circle, a mobile payment app which lets you send money to and receive money from your friends.

They’re setting up outside the SU with free food, a stall full of stash and a team of brand ambassadors showing you how to use the app. The app is also running a competition to win free tickets to Hideout Festival from 10am to 4pm.

They’re also giving away free money, if you download Circle, the app will give you a free £5 to go straight into your new account.

Download Circle now

Isabella Norris and Freddie Stevens, both Southampton students, have been working closely with Circle over the summer and have been organising the drone challenge.

Isabella said: “The event should grab loads of attention and encourage people to download and use Circle in their daily lives.”

“There are so many reasons why you need to pay or be paid by someone, and Circle lets you request money as well as send it, making it easy to track your spending which, as a student, I often struggle with myself.”

When it comes to asking your friends for money, Circle allows you to send friendly reminders with emojis, GIFs or messages.

Freddie said, “Money is no longer a taboo with Circle. There’s nothing worse than chasing up your your pals for booze or milk money, but sending a request through Circle with emojis and GIFs certainly takes the edge off.”

Circle is making splitting house bills or taxis back from Jesters so much easier.

Isabella said: “The nature of the app is to make paying people a less awkward and laborious task and to make it quicker and more fun.

“The app is completely free to download and there are also opportunities to win money for your societies with the Club100 offer or even a trip to Hideout Festival in Croatia.”

Circle lets you send money through a text or email

Download Circle now