Why Future Funk is the post-exam event everyone should be going to

‘I heard on the grapevine it could be large’

Exams are nearly over and Prelinks have teamed up with Future Funk to help you celebrate the end of term and the start of summer in style.

Prelinks are offering you a chance to be at the biggest night of the year by giving away three pairs of tickets to Future Funk Summer Carnival. They’ve also got their hands on a pair of Benicassim tickets to give to one Prelinks user as an end of year blowout prize.

We spoke to those heading down on Tuesday, check out who else is going on Prelinks before the big night.

Download Prelinks and join the Future Funk event to win tickets

Jordan Taylor Scudder, second year, Electrical Engineering

“It’s one of the biggest nights of the year. I’ve been to nearly all of them, My Nu Leng at Easter were incredible. 

“I finish on June 7th this year, so it’s pretty much the only thing getting me through my exams. My house are having a huge pre’s during the day for it.”

Jordan’s not a fan of the awkward Tinder small talk, so he says he would use Prelinks to meet people.

He said: “You know you have something in common with straight off the bat. I’ve come across enough crazy cat ladies for one lifetime.”

Download Prelinks to chat with people like Jordan 

But be sure not to mention your 27 cats

Flo Strachan, first year, English Literature

“Future Funk is so good because everyone feels like they have to dress up so it’s more of an occasion and something to look forward too. All your friends go so you bump into them and everyone is just super happy.

“It will be the best way to end exams as you can have fun and feel truly free without having to revise.”

You’ll find Flo at Future Funk in her wavy garms, rave shades and glitter.

Flo said: “ Prelinks is great to see how many people are going to events and if it will be a good night out.”

Katy Griffin, first year, Medicine

“We heard on the grapevine it could be large. Look forward to starting the summer with a sesh. We will have finally all finished exams so it’s the first chance to get trashed together.”

“As we’ve all finished exams by then I’ll be going with my close group of mates so we can have a mad one together. But as Future Funk is one of the biggest end of year events it’s really useful to use Prelinks to see which other people I know are going, so I can look out for them on the night!”

Paddy MacDonald, second year, Sport and Nutrition

“I personally can’t wait for the Future Funk Summer Carnival, every one of their events I’ve been to has been scenes on toast. I’m a very keen fancy-dresser and I’m eager to see which acts will be playing there.

“Prelinks is handy app for someone like me who enjoys going out a lot because it means I don’t have to bother sending as many texts out to see who’s up for going to the same events, making meet-ups a lot easier.”

Paddy won’t be hard to spot with his epic fancy dress skills

Chat to him before Tuesday night on Prelinks

Josh, Will, Derick & Jack, third years

“We need absolutely no excuse to get our Funk on, past present, or future, and obviously this is the top night for it.”  

Derick is in full Prelinks swing already in keen prep for Tuesday.

He said: “I don’t want my first impression for girls to be me dancing with Josh.”

Also keep an eye out for Will.

Jack said: “Will is the most generous drunk you’ll ever meet, so hit him up for some shots.”

Don’t miss out

Download Prelinks now, and join the party