How would you spend the final 24 hours before starting your grad job?

Make the most of it

You’ve been applying for jobs for months, attended dozens of interviews and you’ve finally bagged yourself a grad job. But how would you spend the final hours before starting your job?

It’s never been easier to find a job than with JOB TODAY – the hiring app where you hear back in 24 hours.

JOB TODAY are running a London-based competition asking you how you would spend your final 24 hours before starting a new job. There is a £1000 prize up for grabs for the most creative entry – money that could be spent on making your innovative idea a reality.

For a chance of winning the £1000 prize you simply have to explain your idea in 100 words and submit here.

We asked Londoners how they would spend their final 24 hours of unemployment:

Eloise, Shop Floor Assistant

“I’d go to Amsterdam, I’ve been before and it’s my second home. Good things happen in Amsterdam.”

Amy, Barber 

“I’d definitely leave here. I’d do a round the world trip but it’s only 24 hours. I’d go and drink somewhere posh. In 24 hours I’d go to Dublin as I’ve always wanted to go there.”

Enter JOB TODAY’s competition and you could win a £1000 prize.

Stephanie, Sales

“I’d probably just spend the day watching Netflix, savouring the time I had left.”

Adam, Journalist

“I’d go to a sauna and just take an hour to muse everything over. Afterwards, I’d go for a swim – then my body will be in a good place. Then I’ll probably listen to some thought provoking music like Jeff Buckley or Fleetwood Mac ready for the next day.”

Emma, Community Manager

“I’d celebrate and make the most of it. Maybe go to New York or even Europe. But we don’t really have too much time so I might just go to a beach in the UK.”

Grace, Sales Director

“You don’t want to do something that is going to leave you feeling awful for the next day. So I would do something nourishing, like getting a massage or getting my nails done. ”

Enter JOB TODAY’s competition and you could win £1000.

Hugh, Business Developer

“I’d probably meet some friends for lunch, maybe even brunch. Then I’d probably go out with them for a few beers and just relax before the big day.”

Daisy, Assistant Editor

“I think I’d go to Paris for the day, do some shopping, drink some wine and just soak up the culture before starting work the next day. Hopefully I wouldn’t get delayed on the Eurostar back – that would be bad.”