250 people at Redland party with guest DJs, ball pit and bouncers

All five rooms had different themes

Last night, Redland was host to one of the biggest nights of the year.

Hartington Park didn’t know what hit it as 250 people descended on the three-storey semi-detached house belonging to Liam Gallagher – no not the former Oasis singer – and his housemates.

Liam, with help from his friends Oli Pike, Molly Moffat and Vince Onuegbu left nothing to chance, warning the neighbours in advance before they brought in two headline DJs and all of their closest mates.

Yubl is a new socially connected world that brings you closer to the people and things you love

Download 

The night got underway quickly as Plastician, one of the pioneers of grime and dubstep, launched into his set in the front room.

Each room of the house was kitted out with lights, smoke machines and speakers. The living room was transformed into a dance floor, whereas upstairs was home to a UV dance theatre and a ball pit.

The music and ball pit weren’t the only highlights of the night, Liam, Oli, Molly and Vince arranged for a magician to perform for the evening. The same magician who performed at Prince Harry’s 30th birthday party.

Oli and Molly, the co-organisers

The four went through weeks of planning to organise the party through Yubl, a new social media platform which let party guests vote on what they wanted to have at the night.

The app was even used to coordinate a guest-list of over 250 people.

Oli, a Yubl brand ambassador and Mechanical Engineer, was just happy at the amount of different people who turned up.

He said: “Everything we tried to do in terms of set-up have come off well, we provided a variety of rooms, DJs, the ballpit, neon rooms, UV rooms, balloons and more inflatables than we can handle, we’ve attracted the number of people we aimed to get here.

“It’s all about bringing a variety of people as well, there are people here from all over uni.”

What did people think of the party?

Vince, co-organiser and Yubl Ambassador

“Best party people have been to is a common comment from people we’ve chatted to this morning.”

Toby, third year, Law

“It’s great, I like the set-up, I like the music and there are lots of fit girls here, so I’m enjoying my night.”

Aled, second year, Dentistry

“Really good night and really glad we did it.”

The Neighbours 

“You said you were going to have a party, not a rave.”

Helena, second year, Psychology

“I think it was so good, it makes me think I could never have a party because I would never be able to get the ball pit or the DJs, or the magician, it’s absolutely incredible.”

The Guestlist

Download