What’s one thing you couldn’t have survived first year without?

We found out what you need to get through freshers

| UPDATED could first giffgaff not one survived thing without year you

First year usually consists of blowing your loan on pre-drinks, longing for your home comforts and realising just how much you rely on your parents. 

After adjusting to the fact you no longer have anyone cooking your meals and that you’re probably going to have to clean you’re room at some point – first year is usually a blurry whirlwind of drinking, going out and meeting new people from all walks of life.

We asked Bristol students to share the well-loved items that they and their mates couldn’t have made it through first year without.

Isabel Rundle, third year, Archaeology and Anthropology

“It’s dirt cheap, it’s what I would drink every time I went out.”

Willow Satherley and Alice Dean, second year, Politics

Staying in touch with mates is a first year essential, keep in contact and order your free giffgaff SIM today.

Daniel Zyss, second year, Engineering

Emma Hoskins, third year, Social Policy

“Everyone else gave it up at 15 – I never did.”

Gregory Pollard, first year, Biochemistry

“I’m not from England and not used to the weather, this was a definite during Freshers.”

Ella Chisholm, second year, Biology

Saskia Neergaard-Tedder, first year, Classics

“I live at home so I used it for maps to find places and music during my commute.”

Stay in contact with your mates and order a giffgaff SIM today.

Olly Jacobs, third year, French

Lizzie Ayles, second year, Zoology

Maddy Porter, postgrad MA, English Literature

“Literally the easiest dinner ever. Supermarket own brands though, I’m not made of money.”

Abbie Scott, second year, Philosophy

“I only got a microwave in halls – there’s not that much you can do with it.”

Rachel O’Donohue, first year, Politics and International relations

No contracts, no call centres, no shops – no fuss, order a free giffgaff SIM today.

Harry Petty, first year, English

“Even though it’s against fire safety regulations it meant people were welcome to drop in and I didn’t come across as an anti-social twat.”

Donna Sawagentio, first year, Pharmacology

“Freshers was scary.”

Verity Ashford, second year, Zoology

Surviving first year without your mates would be impossible, never miss a moment and stay connected. Order a free giffgaff SIM today.