Oh no! Bournemouth campus Starbucks has completely sold out of Pumpkin Spice Lattes

To make it even worse – they don’t know when they’ll have it again!!

No, you did not read this wrong. The Starbucks on Bournemouth University’s campus has completely sold out of Pumpkin Spice lattes.

Nothing says autumn quite like cosying up in the back row of the lecture theatre, cold fingers wrapped tightly around a warm cup of Pumpkin Spice. Each sip of it’s unique flavour profile transporting you further and further away from the droning voice of the lecturer, and into an auburn forest full of crunchy leaves and no impending deadlines.

But as Halloween approaches, the scariest thing about this October is that it may turn out to be a Pumpkin Latte-less affair.

The Pumpkin Spice Latte, a drink that perfectly captures the need for scarves and earmuffs, is a pleasantly smooth, creamy blend of autumn flavours, and a scent of nostalgia, made popular by only being available for one-third of the year.

As someone who loves Instagram-worthy, season-exclusive drinks I was thrilled when I saw the familiar orange posters displayed before the Atrium Starbucks, signalling the official return of the fall coffees. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the cup of sweet nutmeg-y, cinnamon spiced goodness.

However upon reaching the end of the queue I was met with the revelation that they had completely sold out!

Despite posters claiming to sell the Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino, the past couple of weeks both Starbucks cafés on campus have not been offering the beverage.

When asked, barista’s revealed that the drinks had sold out in a matter of days, and whilst an order has been put in for restock, they cannot make an estimation for when it will arrive.

Who knew that one of life’s seemingly simplest pleasures could suffer from its own popularity. One thing’s for sure, better be first in queue when they come back!

• Just 10 things you should never ever do as a Bournemouth student

• From Mary Shelley to Brass Haus: The ultimate Bournemouth pub crawl route