Image may contain: Swimwear, Clothing, Bikini, Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Woven, Person, People, Human

BREAKING: The Summer Ball 2018 line-up is here

I feel like I’ve waited all year for this

The SUBU Summer Ball at Bournemouth University is officially the biggest and best in the country, and finally the line-up is here.

Last year bought us incredible acts like Chase and Status and My Nu Leng – but who have they bagged for us this year?

This year sees the most acts SUBU has ever booked for the event and something for everyone.

You no longer have to wait, as the names are in.

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, BrochureImage may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

The headline

The act that will be headlining our Summer Ball this is year is none other than MK.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcaNIn8FXPc

American born MK, real name Marc Kinchen, boasts of UK number one singles – including one with Storm Queen, for their hit Look Right Through.

He is also responsible for the remix of Nightcrawlers – Push The Feeling On, which was used as the basis of Pitbull's Hotel Room Service.

He's remixed songs from Rihanna, Clean Bandit, Ellie Goulding, Duke Dumont and Rudimental to name a few.

To top that off, he is literally headlining Amnesia in Ibiza again this summer, but no biggie will take some time out for BU.

This gives me all sorts of Summer Ball vibes.

If that doesn't get you ready, I don't know what will.

The other acts

The full line up is as follows: David Rodigan, Friction, Jaguar Skills, Artwork (4 hour set), Young T & Bugsey, OMG It’s The Church, Hannah Holland, KC Lights, Patrick Nazemi and Goldierocks.

There are also live band performances from: Our Girl, Petrie, Leeches, Dumb lovers and Vinyl Staircase.

Amongst the line-up is David Rodigan, or should I say Sir David Michael Rodigan MBE, yes he has an actual MBE and is coming to our Summerball.

He's known for reggae and dancehall and has played on Capital, Kiss and Radio 1Xtra.

A certified legend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfWMbpAFyNs

I for one, am excited.

SUBU Summer Ball 2018 takes place on Saturday 2nd June. You can still buy your ticket if you haven't already from the SUBU website here.

This ticket includes entry to Chapel Gate where the ball is, transport to and from the event and rides on the fun fair.

Plus there's the usual fancy dress and student drinks prices and the after party til 5am, followed by the traditional survivors photo.

This year there are eight stages including the new, Bestival Bollywood stage.

Get breaking Bournemouth news straight to your WhatsApp.
Find out about the latest news about Summer Ball 2018, mad shit happening in Winton, and how to spot an AUB student a mile off. Straight into your DMs.