Image may contain: Room, Library, Interior Design, Indoors, Sphere, Ball, Person, People, Human, Furniture, Couch

BU students are raising money for refugees by holding massive nights out

The money goes straight into refugee projects

Refugee projects might seem a world away for some in Bournemouth, but a group of students have figured out their way of making a difference – through their love of the rave.

Student Action For Refugees (STAR), a society within our uni have knocked heads together to hold mega nights out all for a good cause.

The squad raised around £2000 in their rave last year, and the uni crowned them best new society last year for their efforts.

Image may contain: Night Life, Night Club, Club, Party, Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

Last year's event banged

All the money goes directly to where it's going to make a difference – refugee projects nationally and STAR national, a group focusing on welcoming refugees.

Nina Nagel, President and Co-founder of STAR Bournemouth sees how the events make a difference:

"All the work we do in our own time, networking with local organisations and most importantly of all volunteering with refugees and asylum seekers in the local community, is priceless.

"It's the best thing that's happened to me since beginning uni. STAR is all about welcoming refugees and asylum seekers in the UK and making them feel at home.

"Our theme this year really reflects that as it's all about luuuuve in honour of summer of love's 50th birthday. There is going to be biogedrable glitter to use on the night as well as lots of fun decorations."

The society, who have held previous raves at the Winchester (RIP) have this time booked out The Old Fire Station, giving us a chance to let our hair down before Valentine's.

The event is promising jelly shots, glitter for days and music meeting everyone's taste – from house to soul.

Tickets are available here.