Professor Green was in Bournemouth today and called the council ‘arseholes’

The council have adjusted benches to deter the homeless

British rapper Stephen Paul Manderson, better known by his stage name Professor Green, was in Bournemouth town centre today.

He was here in a bid to turn benches in the town centre into a place where homeless people can stay comfortably.

I’m going down to Bournemouth, gonna find myself a bench. #BenchMark #UNRULY

A post shared by Stephen Manderson (@professorgreen) on

Bournemouth council were recently branded "inhumane" after they installed bars on benches to stop homeless people sleeping on them.

Image may contain: Building, Bridge, Boardwalk, Vehicle, Transportation, Bike, Bicycle

Bars on benches are designed so people can only sit upright

On Pro Green's Instagram story he explained how he was in the town to help us "realise the full potential of our benches and the devices we have installed."

In his demonstration, he adjusted the bar on the bench outside WHSmith in the town centre, before putting tarpaulin over it to create a shelter.

He explained that for £18.50 the benches can become "something that provides shelter for people who don't otherwise have it. Rather than pushing them out and making them feel less welcome than they already do."

On his story he then branded Bournemouth council "arseholes" for the adaptations they had made to benches to deter the homeless.

He added that when he left, all benches were returned to how they were when he had found them.

Bournemouth University

The Tab Bournemouth

last seen today at 01:15

Get breaking Bournemouth news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out about the latest goings on at Cameo, mad shit happening in Winton, and how to spot an AUB student a mile off. Straight into your DMs. 😘