AUB is the top modern university in the south west, according to the Good University Guide 2018

It ranked three places above BU

The Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) has been ranked as the top modern university in the south west region by The Sunday Times Good University Guide.

AUB came in at fourth overall in the south west, with just Bath, Exeter and Bristol – which are all 'traditional' unis – pipping it to the post.

BU came in at seventh in the region.

Life drawing class today, using graphite and coloured biro pens

A post shared by Vicki Wentworth-Brown (@vickiwentworthbrown_art) on

AUB's national rank is now 51st – up 13 places on last year – based on results in the National Student Survey for teaching excellence (83.2%), student experience (79%), graduate prospects which is the per cent in professional jobs or graduate-level study (79.5%) and it's course completion rate (88.2%).

BU was ranked 79th nationally – down 17 on last year – rating 77.6% for teaching excellence, 76.5% for student experience, 70.1% for graduate prospects with an 84.1% course completion rate.

Hello?

A post shared by Pedro Magina (@pedro_magina) on

Just three modern universities ranked higher than AUB in the new league table.

The uni has an offer rate of less than 40% which illustrates competition for places. And, once in, few drop out with the non-completion rate standing at just six per cent, around half the expected figure.

AUB students’ perceptions of teaching quality earned them the highest mark in the south west.

@inspiredaub Arts Bar is ready to go

A post shared by Tom Marshall (@trmarshall79) on

There are plans to expand the intake at the main campus in Poole with more residential and academic buildings in the pipeline.

This follows £17m of improvements completed between 2014 and 2016, which included the first drawing studio to be built at a UK art school for 100 years.

Bournemouth University