Here are all the Bournemouth Freshers’ events you should absolutely go to

Obviously Cameo is on the list

Freshers’ Week is the ultimate time of year – where almost anything goes and you probably won’t remember what you did in the morning. There are tons of events, and picking which are actually decent can be difficult, so we have helped you out a bit.

Here’s a list of all the highlights in the first two weeks, so you can pick what you actually want to go to and avoid disappointment.

One BIG Welcome Party

16th September | Tickets £4 | The Old Fire Station

Hosted at your very own Students’ Union, chart bangers will positively radiate from the legendary venue. This’ll kick off Freshers’ in style.

Moving in party

17th September | Tickets £6 | Halo

A sell out year after year, hip hop, grime, house, commercial and R&B is featured filling this old church with a good time all round.

we are ready

Surf’s Up! Beach Party

17th September | Tickets £4 | The Old Fire Station

You’re at a coastal uni, obviously a beach party will happen at least once. Sunglasses, beach balls and actual sand will feature.

freshers provokes many emotions

Propaganda

18th September | Tickets TBC | The Old Fire Station

You might have this in your hometown, but so far Bournemouth has been deprived of a Propaganda presence, until now. Cheap drinks and indie jams will ring in your ears all night, so look forward to the start of something new.

Abandoned warehouse rave

19th September | Tickets | Location TBC

Five stages of deep tech, minimal, deep house and psy-trance – this is something very unlike Bournemouth. Details are coming out the day before the event, so keep your eyes peeled for this ultimate freshers rave.

it’s called fun look it up

Mistajam (BBC Radio 1 & 1Xtra)

21st September | Wristbands available | The Old Fire Station 

Mistajam? Yes please. That’s all.

pres done right

F*CK ME IT’S FRESHERS

22nd September | Tickets £8 | O2 Academy

Known all over the country, this event is the furthest to get to, but it is worth your while. It doesn’t have it’s reputation for nothing.

The Student Garden Party

23rd September | Tickets £15 | Chapelgate

One you won’t forget soon, the student garden party is always a calendar highlight. With headliners to be announced, four stages will provide for eager students, with enough street food to satisfy your cravings. Day and night, you’ll be going for a while.

WAYF CLUB freshers zoo project

23rd September | Tickets £4 | The Old Fire Station

An animal safari like no other, prepare for zebra print and loads of house.

I’m a giraffe duh

Freshers house party

24th Sep | Tickets | standard £7 final release £10 | Cameo

We all know Cameo is a must in Freshers’, let alone for the rest of the year, so take your Vinyl virginity early. Riot pole dancers (what), free pizza and giant games are promised in this Project X style rave.

obviously a look

Dedicated to Drake

26th September | Tickets £3 | The Old Fire Station

It’s literally just loads of Drake.

Freshers festival | SIGMA

29th September | Tickets £12 | Cameo

At our fav Wednesday night spot, the likes of SIGMA, Yungen and YXNG BANE are playing the set which could possibly be the highlight of Freshers’. Put this in my basket.

yes pls

UV jump off

29th September | Tickets £7 | Cameo

Bragging as the South Coast’s largest and only UV jumpsuit party, you’ll need spray paint for this one. It’s notorious in Freshers’ Week, as lookalike forensic scientists parade the streets ready for all Cameo has to offer. Inflatables and glow sticks for the many not the few here, so grab a ticket whilst they last.