Bournemouth uni has been awarded a silver ranking from a new government framework

Southampton ain’t got nothing on us

Hide Images

League tables are everywhere at the moment and Bournemouth isn’t doing half bad,  getting silver in a brand spanking new framework.

The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) was designed to build evidence about the performance of the UK’s world-class higher education sector, complementing the existing Research Excellence Framework.

We recently shot up 18 places in The Guardian’s rankings too, and after all, they do say nobody likes a show off, so we’re more than happy to take a silver ranking.

Here we are in all our glory

The results focused on teaching quality, the learning environment and the educational and professional outcomes achieved by students, and gave the successful educational establishments either bronze, silver or gold, depending on their performance. 

Bournemouth achieved a silver ranking, putting us on par with unis like Bristol, Durham, York, Reading and Cardiff. Not a bad bunch at all.

Universities Minister, Jo Johnson, said: “These results, highlighting the extraordinary strengths of our higher education system, will help students choose which university or college to study at.

Students, parents, employers and taxpayers all have a shared interest in ensuring that higher education equips the next generation of graduates for success.”

Gold was reeled in by the likes of Oxford, Cambridge, Leeds and Birmingham to name a few, with a few uncommon faces taking away the ultimate score too.

We would like actual silver medals pls

AUB stole the show by managing to get the top result, a shiny gold to hold by their names, putting them up there with the mighty powers of Oxbridge and others. Fair play.

Universities like Southampton and UWE only managed to achieve bronze, putting them behind Bournemouth according to the TEF. Damn straight.

Peak

295 unis in total were ranked in the government introduced framework and more than half of the Russell Group unis – considered the best in country – didn’t score top marks.

Bournemouth, well done.