The guy that went viral DJing in Dorchester actually played Cameo main room last night

He took his iron and everything

James Paul Breen, or DJ Jimmy as he is now more commonly known, went viral last week after a video was posted of him DJing out the window of his Dorchester flat.

The video shows him with nothing but a laptop,  a traffic cone and an iron, spinning plates on an ironing board with some classic, Cameo Wednesday-esque mixes being played over the streets of Bournemouth.

Well last night he actually played main room in Cameo – as in he was there, no shirt and iron in hand – fronting the biggest student night in the country.

DJ Jimmy live set at cameo Bournemouth James Paul Breen

Posted by Ross Murgatroyd on Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The first year criminology student’s set was live streamed on Facebook by a friend and has since had hundreds of views.

The original video which kick started his rise to fame has over six and a half million views and 11,000 shares after being shared on the Lad Bible Facebook page.

Lad DJ's For The Whole Street

"My housemate decided to put on a DJ set for the street" ??

Posted by LADbible on Tuesday, May 16, 2017

In an exclusive interview with The Tab, James said: “Cameo had emailed me and asked me to perform. I was up there for about ten minutes. I was worried people wouldn’t enjoy it but they went mental. They loved it, literally people were loving it.

“We want to create a character out of it, like an aspiring DJ who’s quite cringe.”

So, I think it’s safe to say we haven’t seen the last of DJ Jimmy – watch this space.