Bournemouth uni has gone up 18 places in The Guardian university league tables

Oxbridge we’re coming for you

Hide Images

It was only last week that we unfortunately had to inform you that BU had gone down one place in the Complete University Guide rankings, but lo and behold, rejoice and hallelujah – The Guardian think we’re smashing it!

In the latest Guardian university league tables, we didn’t just go up one place, we didn’t go up two, we went up bloody 18!!

The rankings look at student satisfaction with their course, the teaching, their feedback, the student to staff ratio, how much the uni spends per student out of ten, the average entry tariff, a value added score and whether or not students are in a ‘career’ after six months. This then creates a Guardian score out of 100.

Bournemouth in 61st compared to 79th last year

The breakdown of the BU score is:

Student satisfaction: 82.1

Satisfaction with teaching: 87.1

Satisfaction with feedback: 70.2

Student to staff ratio: 16:5

Spend per student: 5.6/10

Average entry tariff: 122.4

Value added score: 6.9

Percentage of students in a career after six months: 71.3

Bournemouth have an overall score of 57.9 putting us higher than Gloucestershire, Liverpool, Plymouth, Brighton, Winchester and Southampton Solent to name a few.

In a statement on the BU website, Professor John Vinney, Vice-Chancellor of Bournemouth University said: “We are delighted to see a rise in the latest Guardian University Guide, reflection for the work put in by our excellent staff over the past 12 months.

“This accolade, along with other recent rises, really underlines the quality of our teaching, research and links with businesses, all of which come together to offer an excellent student experience at BU.”

There’s also information about what BU student’s backgrounds are

Cambridge and Oxford took the top two spots, scoring 100 and 98.1 respectively.