Two of your five SUBU officers have been announced

The others are yet to be confirmed due to ‘uncontrollable circumstances’

The SUBU elections have come to an end at the Old Fire Station tonight, but only two positions have been formerly announced and filled.

Due to “uncontrollable circumstances”, SUBU were only able to announce the winners of two categories: VP Activities and the new Student Union president.

There were five positions up for grabs tonight: the Vice Presidents of Activities, Community, Education and Welfare as well as the role of President of the Student Union.

SUBU have apologised for any inconvenience caused by delaying the results.  A representative, Ollie Tunmore, spoke to The Tab earlier, he said: “It’s frustrating because so much work has gone into tonight. However we cannot help the circumstances that have occurred and we will update students when we can.”

Sources have speculated that the other roles and candidates are being investigated for foul play, however SUBU have not made a formal announcement at this time.

Campaigns for the election have taken place all week

This election saw a record-breaking number of votes, with a grand total of 3,416 cast overall.

So who will be representing us so far?

There were three hopeful candidates for VP Activities: Bethany Dyer, Brooke Elias, and Rick Squire. 1979 valid votes were cast in the category and ultimately the winner was Brooke who will be resuming the role for a second year.

As for the result for the presidential election, with 2426 valid votes cast. Macdonald Amaran, Daniel Asaya, Adam Rutherford and Georgia Rose were all in the running, but again last year’s SUBU president was nominated for a second term, meaning Daniel Asaya will be leading the student union.

However, the night has been criticised for being unorganised, with a less than impressed student who attended describing the night as a “shitshow”.

There is no word as to when the remaining three roles will be announced.

Featured image via Nerve Radio