Everything to expect from PARTS’ new musical: American Idiot

Relive the album you forced your parents to listen to in the car

If you aren’t aware of the concept of American Idiot then let me explain to you shortly.

It’s a musical based on the music of Green Day, with reference to their hit album American Idiot.

If you were like me going through your punk-rock phase at a young age, then you probably owned this album. Also, if you owned this album you were also probably turning the volume down at the part that said “The subliminal mind-fuck America” so you wouldn’t get in trouble with your parents. Or was that just me?

From March 15th (that’s today) to the 18th, BU and AUB Performing Arts Society will be showing off their amazing talents at the Shelley Theatre. Here is what you can expect.

An incredibly talented and diverse cast.

With over 40 cast members, ranging from 18 – 29 and from AUB Acting students to Computer Forensics and Cyber Security Management students. The production of this show is the definition of diversity.

A LOT of sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll

If that’s your sort of thing.

A university production with strong male leads (Who are straight!)

These boys are phenomenal singers and excellent performers, just you wait until you see them in action. (One of them also plays rugby so he’s basically a British Troy Bolton, right?)

An extraordinary live band

Because musicals that just hit play on a track and let the actors sing are for amateurs.

An all-female, femme fatale, kick ass musical number!

Imagine 30 females on stage shouting about how much men are dogs- how incredible does that sound?

Exactly four dabs, cracking choreography guys.

For more information or to get tickets, visit the event’s Facebook page.

*Exit dab*