BU student involved in ‘chemical incident’ died of carbon monoxide poisoning
Jennifer left notes around her room warning of poisonous gas
A Bournemouth student who passed away in halls earlier this year died of carbon monoxide poisoning, an inquest has heard.
30-year-old Jennifer Lander died at Bournemouth University’s Student Village on the 12th January 2017.
The Mechanical Engineering student had left notes all around her room warning of the high levels of gas in the area. Tributes were paid to her, describing her ‘beautiful soul’.
Speaking to the Bournemouth Echo, her friend Andy Snook said: “I am devastated. She was always active in the gym and we went to Body Power shows together. She was a beautiful soul.”
— Buzz (@buzz_bmth) January 17, 2017
After her death flowers and tributes were left around the student village.
If you have been affected by this story read our advice or contact student support.
You may also like
This is according to claims he’s made in the show
Only buy tickets from the SUBU website
There have been multiple reports since January
Get your costumes at the ready
Who needs a first when you’ve got a Huji filter?
We’re calling it hedging. That’s not sexual, right?