Every person you’ll meet at Bournemouth University

Which one are you?

Bournemouth University – the place where you’re either a posh teen rebelling from your wealthy parents in Surrey, or you simply didn’t have the grades to get into a Russell Group Uni – clearing probably saved your life. This is our run down of all the different people that you’ll find here at BU.

‘I come from the capital, you know’

Here at BU, we home many an ex-Londoner. We love you, but we can tell who you are from a mile off. You’ll probably drop into conversation that you’re from London about a million times. You’ll never understand beach etiquette and it baffles you that people actually have conversations with bus drivers.

‘District-ers’

You know who you are. District Mondays attract a certain type of person. They’ll walk past you at uni and you’ll just know, they go to District. You can’t put your finger on how you know, you just do. Everyone at District knows everyone at District. It’s basically a hidden community.

Sorry first years, you probably don’t know what this means – they’ve recently rebranded to the Propaganda-ers.

‘Ravers’

Full of diversity (there’s not many Northerners though), you’ll notice this folk congregate together at their weekly raves – North Face puffa jackets and vintage Adidas are a common sighting. Foreverland, Bunker and Suddenly Funk are their calling. They may say that Cameo Wednesdays aren’t their thing, but we’ve all seen them belting out S-Club in Vinyl.

‘Sporting Royalty’

If you play varsity, you’re considered a celebrity on your Wednesday nights out (well at least you think so), claiming the Vinyl dance floor as your place of worship. A VK in each hand? Lad. Casually drop into conversation that you play rugby and you’re sure to pull – but word of warning to who this is successful on: it may not necessarily be something to brag about, seeing as their typical OOTD consists of shorts and flip-flops all year round.

‘The Power Squad’

We all know that one group of girls that became bezzie mates in Freshers’ week and never looked back. They probably do Lost Gardens VIP every other week and post a million photos to Instagram of them posing with those weird monkey cocktails. Their 3 hour Snapchat stories send us crazy, but BU  wouldn’t be the same without them.

‘The Promoters’

You’ve probably got at least 10 as mates on Facebook – promoters are responsible for pretty much every notification you get on social media, as they try and stuff events left right and centre down your throat. Second years immediately regret their decision to join ‘Cranborne House 2016’ on Facebook, just to nose at who’s in their old flat. No I don’t want to go to Camel!

‘Second years’

Bournemouth boasts beautiful beaches that no second year students ever seem to go to. ‘I live in Winton, it’s too far away’ is a common excuse. You went there tonnes of times with your free bus pass first year anyway, you’re totally over it.

‘The others’

You probably lived in Student Village in first year and felt a million miles away from everyone (because you basically were).Traditionally known as the computer geeks, your night out usually comprises of pres at Dylans then retiring to your video games. Automatically you are classed as the rejects, have you ever actually seen the inside of Cameo?