Shock horror as BU plummets down league tables

Nothing but crippling disappointment for Bournemouth in the latest rankings

Bournemouth has tumbled a colossal 21 places in the annual Sunday Times rankings, falling from 67th to a dismal 88th.

The news will be particularly disconcerting for any freshers joining the uni this year – and will almost certainly ruin their freshers’ week.

Some have taken the news badly

Student satisfaction was ranked a horrendous 110th and graduate prospects a worrying 71st.

Despite this, students still spoke highly of Bournemouth. Christine Ciocan, a biological science student, said: “I don’t think we deserve such a terrible ranking.

“BU satisfies most people and has something for everyone whether it’s a great social life to CV enhancing opportunities.”

BU’s student satisfaction in one picture

Lizzy Wallis, an events management graduate said although 2014 was in fact her favourite year at Bournemouth, she feels the uni could develop more as an educational institution. She said: “Last year was the best year for me, the more I got involved with SUBU the better it was for me.”

“However options in final year are still rigid and dissertation assistance could be developed further.”

Is this a complete disgrace? Let us know in the comments section below.