It’s official: AUB is better uni than BU

New data released by the Complete University Guide has shown that the Arts University Bournemouth have overtaken their neighbours in the 2015 league table.

Since last year, the Arts uni has climbed a mammoth 18 places to 57th in the UK table, whereas in the same period, BU has slipped six places to 65th.

AUB are eight places ahead of neighbors BU

The data, which includes indicators such as student satisfaction, facilities spend and graduate prospects, was released on Friday.

“It’s a great testament to that fact that we’re competing on a wider scale then we ever have before” said Simon Pride, Head of Marketing and Communication at AUB.

Those nearing graduation can breathe a little easier, if you are an art student that is. AUB came 47th overall in the UK for graduate prospects, 13 places ahead of BU.

“We’ve got a very strong record in employability” continued Simon.

“The way we structure the learning and teaching here is very integrated with industry. It means that when someone graduates from here, they are more ready for work than they would be at a university that wasn’t so comprehensively connected.”

But who has more fun? Surely that’s an important part of the uni experience? Well in terms of student satisfaction, AUB ranked 25th. And BU? A whopping 91 places below in 116th place.

AUB are 57th in the Complete University Guide UK League Table 2015

Although Simon defended the comparatively low score of BU in student satisfaction, “comparing our student satisfactory rating to a university like BU is not always helpful.  You are comparing two different types of student experience. You’re not comparing like with like.”

Even still, AUB students are having a better time than their counterparts at BU, go to an overall better uni and to cap it all off have a better chance of getting a job when they graduate.

It looks like it’s time to swap the Old Fire Station for The Winchester, a note pad for a sketch book and those chinos for tie-dye bottoms.

But before AUB students get too cocky, it’s worth noting that both the Bournemouth based universities are ranked below the University of Lincoln.

Take it away Mr. Gilbert:

View the Complete University Guide 2015 league table in full here.