Neon Jungle to headline BU Summer Ball

Acts announced for marquee summer event include Neon Jungle, Huw Stephens and Chlöe Howl

Since losing MTV’s Pimp My Summer Ball competition to Teeside, many students feel things are going from bad to worse for the BU Summer Ball.

Last years headliners Rudimental proved a big hit at BU but news of Neon Jungle headlining the ball has failed to excite students.

Rizzle Kicks, Professor Green, Craig David and Chase and Status are just some of the names who will be playing at summer balls around the country whilst we frantically Google who Neon Jungle are.

(Incase you didn’t know, Neon Jungle sing Braveheart, which peaked at number 4 in the charts)

If Neon Jungle aren’t your cup of tea then here’s the other faces you’ll expect to see:

Huw Stephens

Chlöe Howl

Deaf Havana

The WAYF Stage will host sets from: Ten Story, Bitcool, Forni and Jackmaster.

Catch Kamo & Krooked, Dr. Meaker in the Urban Arena.

Libson and Ted Zed will play at the Indie Rocks Stage.

Unfortunately the line up hasn’t proven popular with students, Multi-Media Journalism student Poppy Jeffery said: “The lineup is terrible. I’ve only ever heard of Huw Stevens and Deaf Havana, and that’s not to say I like them! I think the Summer Ball should be bigger people and names, maybe one or two bigger acts and lots of smaller local bands. People say they’re not there for the lineup but that’s only an excuse because they don’t like it. I’m not going.”

Product Design student Adam Whitelock said: “Our line up seems to be the worst out of all other unis i’ve heard of – and we are meant to have the best Summer Ball? It’s embarrassing. If we don’t get good acts why is this the price still the same as previous years when we have had Feeder and Rudimental.” 

Better luck next year then!