What to do when you’ve run out of money

Five quick and easy ideas to earn some pocket money

Bournemouth earning money

So you’ve spent all your Christmas money and your loans are dwindling dramatically.

How are you going to make it to Easter (especially with all those weekly Toast visits)?!

Here are some ideas on how to earn some extra dollar.

Promote

A lot of students already do it – get paid for getting people to a club that you’re going to anyway but you just happen to get it for free.

All you have to do is make sure it’s busy enough for you to ultimately have a better night.

Most of the time people come looking for you so it really doesn’t involve much hard work.

Use your skills

Tutoring people is a really good way to get money and practice your skills – whether it’s English, maths or music, it will help you both out.

You could go all out and teach skateboarding or tiddlywinks – who cares as long as you get paid!

Get crafty

You can make some home-made jewellery – go oldschool and make friendship bracelets to sell.

With all these hipsters hanging around you could make a bomb by tie-dying a load of tops and selling them on.

The Internet

If you spend hours on Twitter and Facebook when you should be doing work then why not make it worthwhile?

Once you rack up enough followers and friends, you can actually make money by allowing advertisers to use you as a platform for what they want to sell.

Now it isn’t a quick way to earn a million, as you only get a few pennies per click, but this all adds up and it doesn’t really involve too much effort on your behalf.

Work for uni

You may already spend way too much time there, but you can actually get paid for it! Becoming a PAL leader is a great way and you get to meet some new people, as well as hosting open days… doing these sort of things looks great on your CV too.