Best places to cry on campus

Life’s gone tits up? The Tab takes you on a tour of the best places to cry at uni.

| UPDATED crying library studying toilets

Whether you’ve received an awful grade, been awake for 24 hours preparing a presentation or just have a bad case of January blues, we all need to shed a tear sometimes.

Away from the humiliation of being caught weeping in your student accommodation, we have lovingly complied a list of  failsafe locations where one can have a good ol’ fashioned cry in peace.

The library

A place where everybody is so entranced by their studies, they don’t care if you’re quietly sobbing into a textbook or hiding under a desk rocking back and forth. We recommend the going to the silent study floors for extra inconspicuousness.

The toilets

Ah the humble toilet, the sound of flushing, chatting and hand drying should successfully drown out any wails you may feel are necessary.

Outside the office of the lecturer who gave you a shitty grade

You tried reallllly hard on that essay and the grade you received doesn’t reflect the hours of hard work you put into it. In other words, you knocked together a few paragraphs the night before the deadline after a Jägerbomb or two. But hey, a crying mess on the floor is the perfect way to guilt trip lecturers into never giving you a bad grade again.

Dylan’s/The Loft

Where better to cry than a place that serves alcohol and food? When crying into a cup of tea in your room just doesn’t cut it, Dylan’s is the place to go for comfort food and a large glass of wine. The Loft is perfect for break up coffee and tears, with lots of comfy sofas to discreetly  weep over your ex.

In a comprehensive study of where students prefer to cry, The Tab found that 50% of Bournemouth University students would choose to cry in the toilets.

Happy crying!