Tab tries: the Christmas market

We check out the Christmas market to see what festive treats are in store

The Christmas market, held in the town square near the Lower Gardens, has returned to Bournemouth for the sixth year. Giving the town a lovely Christmassy feel, it’s full of Christmas lights, food and beautiful decoration stalls. It’s a great atmosphere – a fun day out for all ages guaranteed to get you in the festive spirit.

If you get tired from all of the Christmas shopping and need some food to give you some energy then there are plenty of food stalls to eat from. Among your variety of choices is authentic German cuisine with a traditional German charcoal BBQ Bratwurst House which offer three types of German sausage. If you don’t fancy German cuisine then there are chalets with British and other European foods.

There is a stage where performances take place and people are singing Christmas songs. You can also volunteer to entertain the public by taking part in karaoke. It’s hard to walk around without a smile on your face.

The Lower Gardens have been transformed into a winter wonderland. Check out the ice rink – and don’t forget to stop in on Santa in his grotto!

The market runs until the 6th January – so grab a glass of mulled wine and get down there.