Student pays £140 for 4-star hotel room after night out

BU fresher checks into hotel after night at the Lost Gardens because he wanted a shower

For one first year student, a night out started with a few pres in halls…and ended in a shower in a lavish four star hotel.

Peter Hollowmon-Ley is a Law and Tax student, however accounted for more than a few bevies to kick start this night.

After drinking with a couple neighbours and their friends at Dorchester House student halls, Peter made his way down to the Lost Gardens.

Following what was presumably a sweaty night of dancing and drinking, the fresher was overwhelmed by the need for a shower.

Instead of walking back to halls, Peter  booked himself in at the plush Park Central Hotel. “It was lush,” Peter said, “they had amazing little milk pots.”

Afterpeanutting” the hotel reception worker, he waltzed up to his room and used all its facilities. Peter added: “The highlight for me was that they had a nice shower”.

His flat mates and friends, worried for his safety following his disappearance, left him with numerous messages and calls. They then phoned the police and reported him missing.

Unaware that he hadn’t told anyone where he was due to his drunken state, he woke up with a “colossal amount of text and calls”.

He then phoned the police back in the morning and spoke to a “lad officer” who issued him with a stern “as long as you’re having fun mate.”

“I woke up like, where am I, but pleasantly enjoyed a nice cheeky breakfast there and made my way home”.

Peter was still drunk when he checked out the next day.

Student profile

Name: Peter Hollowmon-Ley
Choice of alcoholic drink: Blue Sapphire Gin
Total loss of dollar: £140+
Studies: Law and Tax
Hometown: Frome, Somerset