Birmingham is officially the fourth best UK university according to Brum students’ reviews

We literally beat half of Oxbridge, no biggie

A new university ranking table has placed Birmingham as the fourth best university in the country, out of 140 UK unis.

The new university league table by Student Crowd is based on over 25,000 reviews by university students themselves – and your reviews have placed Birmingham as the fourth best in the country, scoring 4.4 out of five stars.

The best uni in the country was voted as Sheffield, followed by Greenwich and then Cambridge. University of St Andrews rounded out the end of the top five best unis. No biggie but Brum literally beat Oxford University, which came at a measly 64th place.

Within the Student Crowd ranking is also data on how hard it is to get a place at Birmingham, based on UCAS data published in January this year. It shows there were over 40,000 applications to Birmingham, which resulted in a 64.6 per cent offer rate and only a 16 per cent acceptance rate.

It says there are 37,750 students at the university, with 9,530 international students. Six months after graduating, 72 per cent of Brum students are in work or further study, and the typical graduate salary of those six months after leaving Birmingham is £24-27k per year.

Earlier this month, The Times Higher Education World University Rankings placed Birmingham as the 12th best uni in the country and 108th best in the world, with an overall score of 62.6 per cent.