The Birmingham Tab is looking for new writers and we want you!

Send us a DM on Instagram to get involved

Are you interested in finding out all the campus news? Writing about the topics and issues you and other UoB students care about? Want to get your voice heard by 1000s and be part of an amazing team? Well you’re in luck, The Birmingham Tab is recruiting new writers.

The Birmingham Tab is a news site written by Birmingham students, for Birmingham students. There is no need for any past journalism experience, this is a great place to start. Anyone can get involved and write as little or as much as you want.

Come along to our first open meeting of the term to meet fellow writers and the editorial team: Thursday 16th February at 4pm. Send a DM to The Birmingham Tab on Instagram to get involved.

What is the The Tab?

The Tab is a student news site with more than six million monthly readers. The Tab is a national news site and is also spread across 30 different universities.

Writers for The Birmingham Tab will get their articles shared on our Instagram and Facebook pages, with chances to also be shared on the national pages.

The Birmingham Tab writes about many topics and events, last year we covered stories such as Here are five inspiring women you never knew attended UoB and Birmingham student ‘catcalled’ and head-butted outside city centre accommodation.

The Birmingham Tab also writes many fun features as well as news pieces. Last year we wrote fun articles such as Here are the best Deliveroo spots around Birmingham for your takeaway fix and Circo, Aston, Selly: All the Wordles you could make relating to UoB.

This means there will always be something you can write about whether it’s fun or a news piece.

Why should I write for The Tab?

The Birmingham Tab is a great place to start getting journalism experience. Even if you don’t want to go into a journalism career it looks great on your CV. The Tab alumni have gone on to write for global publications, including the BBC, Vogue and The Times. No previous experience is needed as you will be given training by the editors and also work alongside our assistant editor from HQ.

The Birmingham Tab is also a great way to meet people from all different years and courses. We have weekly meetings and als0 host multiple fun social throughout the year.

How can I get involved?

We have our open meeting on Thursday 16th February at 4pm at Joes. Here you can have a chat with the editorial team and other writers and find out more about The Birmingham Tab.

Send us a DM on Instagram if you want any more information, and from there we will also add you to our writers group chat.

Don’t miss out on the best uni experience, come write for The Birmingham Tab!