Here are the UoB best dressed from the Warwick Invades races

Enough with the Peaky Blinder hats boys…

The most important question on everyone’s mind before the races wasn’t “which horse should I bet on?”, it was, “what should I wear?”

Hundreds of UoB students attended the Invades horse races held at Warwick racecourse on Saturday 12 February. There was a non-stop DJ supplying bangers all day and multiple beverage stands to keep the drinks flowing.

It was a cold day full of wind, but, for many, that did not stop the variety of short skirts and stilettos, trousers and trainers, with students united by the accessorization of a beer jacket and nearly-empty wine bottle by 11am.

Representing the iconic UoB tie

We obviously had to include this outfit. Although admittedly it may be plain, it deserves bonus points for representing the university tie. Minus points for the mullet.

Sexy detective

This outfit was giving us sexy detective vibes and we are here for it. Docs add an air of rebelliousness to the look and the matching bag and hair colour is the perfect pop of colour for this cold day.

The trusty midi-skirt never fails

We love the polka-dot skirt teamed with the biker boots. Comfy AND cute.

A pop of pink

Of course a day at the races wouldn’t be complete without the classic British weather, a sky full of grey clouds. Luckily, this student was able to bring the colour with her bright pink trousers to brighten up everyone’s day.

Monochromatic chic

When has a monochromatic outfit looked bad? Never. This outfit channels understated class and proves less is always more.

Channeling Mr Tumnus with the scarf

We wonder if he was wearing the scarf for warmth or had he really taken inspo from James McAvoy’s Narnia character?

Coordination is key

We were impressed with some of the boys at the races who clearly put the effort in. Coming in a full suit and certainly looking dapper.

The iconic leather blazer to accessorise

You couldn’t look anywhere without seeing a sea of girls in leather blazers. Who couldn’t resist when they provide warmth and look so damn classy?

The new series of Peaky Blinders can’t come sooner

We think it is very clear to see where a lot of the boys got their inspiration from, with many rocking hats like this…

Channelling Effy Stonem with the laddered tights

We especially loved this leopard print fur, she really stood out in the crowd. We love how she’s embraced the laddered tights, proving that ripped clothing doesn’t have to be a fashion faux-pas.

“I am 100% not a tory” – Alfie Deyes (2018)

Is tweed still a thing in 2022? Clearly I’m on the wrong side of fashiontok.

Framed by Old Joe

A blazer can dress up any look, as seen by the ‘smart-casual’ attire worn by many students who attended.

Rocketman realness

The yellow glasses really coordinated with the groovy tunes played throughout the day. It’s giving Elton John.