Here are the best festive things to do around Brum this Christmas

From ice skating to carols, we’ve got you covered

As November draws to a close, the festive season has officially begun. Maybe the snow this week has helped you get into the spirit, or perhaps you are still feeling like a scrooge.

Birmingham is known for its extra Christmas events, and this year is no exception.

Whatever you celebrate, we have complied the best festive fun you can do around Birmingham, on a student-friendly budget.

Luna Springs – Ice Skating

Luna Springs is the perfect place for a late-night skate with a few cocktails thrown into the mix. They have special student deals and the vibey atmosphere is perfect for a boozy night on the ice. Even if you aren’t the strongest skater, they have plenty of plastic seals for you to cling onto whilst you drag yourself along the ice, whilst enjoying live music acts and drinks.

You can check out their events timetable here.

The perfect place for a festive time

Pigeon in the Park

By Birmingham Cathedral, Pigeon in the Park has been specifically constructed for Christmas. It features a 5oft helter skelter as well as a purpose-built festive pub.

Christmas Market

The one you’ve all heard of, the Birmingham German Market is a staple to everyone’s festive activities. The largest in Europe outside of Germany and Austria, it is the perfect place to find a xmas gift or drink some mulled wine.

The iconic signage

Jewellery Quarter

The Jewellery Quarter is the perfect place to spend an evening admiring their impressive light displays, and 75 shops are participating in festive window displays too.

Panto

The nation’s favourite brother duo – AJ and Curtis Pritchard, will be performing in Cinderella at Wolverhampton Grand Theatre, only a 20 min train from New Street. I wonder if Trish is performing? Tickets start at £15, so you have a bit of spare dolla for your coffee in the morning.

Snobs Christmas All-Nighter

For those who can’t get enough of a night out, Birmingham club Snobs are hosting two all-nighter events on the 22nd and 29th December. Test your stamina with a jam-packed night of tunes. You can buy tickets here.

Lets hope more people stay till the end than here

Lickey Hills Walk

Lickey Hills is the ideal hangover walk, or a festive walk amongst the nature, and it is totally free. It is only 15 mins away from Uni, and you can access it via train (Barnt Green) or by driving. Make sure you wrap up warm, and bring a flask of coffee too.

Immaculate vibes

Selfridges

Birmingham Selfridges is the perfect place to window shop – with six floors full of Christmas gifts and fun displays from your favourite boujee brands.

Xmas Dinner

The attempts to carve an Aldi turkey using a blunt knife with your housemates is a bonding experience. So is half your house sprawled out on the sofa, and the other half on the breakfast bar / kitchen worktop. When split between your house, it isn’t too costly: don’t forget the crackers though!

Anything can outdo infusion’s attempt

Carol Service

The University’s annual carol service is Wednesday 1st December at 6pm in the Great Hall. Attendance is free, and it will also be accompanied with readings from the University Chaplains.

Christmas Light switch-on on campus

Old Joe will be brought to light by projections and the Christmas lights will be switched on at 5pm, Wednesday 1st December. It is on Chancellors Court and is a free event, with festive music and carols too.

This view with xmas lights? Unbeatable