UoB is ranked number one targeted University by top graduate employers in the UK

UoB is the most targeted university by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers

According to a survey conducted in December 2020, the University of Birmingham is the most targeted university by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers.

The survey was conducted by The Graduate Market. They produced a study into the latest graduate vacancies and starting salaries at the UK’s one hundred best-known and most successful employers.

The employers targeting specific universities have reduced the number of institutions they are actively targeting, from 24 universities in 2019-2020, to 21 universities in 2020-2021.

The ten universities targeted by the largest number of top graduate employers in 2020-2021 are the University of Birmingham, University of Manchester, University College London, University of Nottingham, University of Leeds, University of Warwick, University of Bristol, Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial College London.

Director of Careers and Employability at the university, Etta Parkes-Firth, said on the university news page:

“For the University of Birmingham to achieve number one as most targeted University by UK’s top graduate employers shows our students can be confident that they are joining a university with exceptional links to a wide range of industries. This is particularly important in a competitive job market, and even more so in light of Coronavirus.”

According to the report, as a result of the Covid 19 crisis the employers in “The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers” cut their graduate recruitment by 15.1 per cent in 2020, when compared with the original recruitment targets for the year.

Furthermore, 57 of the 100 employers recruited fewer graduates than 2019 or recruited none at all in 2020.

The report also found that in 2020 the number of graduates recruited was 12.3 per cent lower than that of 2019, which is the largest annual fall in graduate recruitment from the top 100 employers since 2009. However, over four-fifths of the leading employers stated they received more completed graduate job applications than they had last year.

For students graduating in 2021, public sector employers are expected to be the largest recruiters of new graduates, with a record 5,400 entry-level vacancies available to university leavers.