University of Birmingham to offer final years discount on their Masters

Students will receive a discount of £1,500 on their fees

The University of Birmingham is set to offer current final year undergraduates a discount on their postgraduate study, The Birmingham Tab can reveal.

Students will have a £1,500 discount applied to their fees as a part of the new Postgraduate Progression Awards.

Announced on an Instagram Story earlier today, the University is launching the scheme as part of their “commitment to you as an Birmingham graduate.”

“We want to ensure that in these challenging circumstances, as a Birmingham graduate have the support needed to continue studying and developing your career,” the University announced.

“With the familiarity of the University of Birmingham you will continue to have access to our resources, facilities and support networks to continue your studies and shape your future once we return to our ‘new normal’.”

All taught programmes are eligible, delivered in person or online. Likewise, all students – home, EU and International – are eligible for the funding. However, even if programmes are taught solely online due to COVID-19, the university “do not envisage” the overall fees changing.

Current final years must submit an application to study and complete the application form below by Tuesday 30 June 2020 in order to be eligible for the discount.

Time for a panic masters, anyone?